Test your internet speed
Click the "Begin Test" button to test the download and upload speeds of your internet connection.
Note: Your speed test will open in a new window.
Improving Internet performance
- For wired connections, connect to your modem or home network with an Ethernet connection rather than USB.
- For wireless connections, 802.11ac dual band wireless routers offer fast speeds and flexibility for extended range. The 5 Ghz signal offers the fastest speeds, while 2.4 Ghz offers extended range.
- Upgrade your computer's RAM and/or processor speed.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Keep some hard drive space free.
- Maintain your computer by running system utilities every so often (such as Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter).
- Try using a different Web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari.
- If you have many add-ons in your Web browser, try disabling some of them.