The Optimum App can't be installed after it has been downloaded on a Mac Computer
Apple has made a change to their security settings, and users with the following OS versions may experience this error, which will prevent them from using the Optimum App:
- OS X 10.9.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.10
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 Security Update 2014-004
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 Security Update 2014-004
After downloading and installing the Optimum App on a Mac computer and staring the installation process, the user may see an error message that says, "OptimumAppforLaptop_2.10.pkg" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. (see screen shot below).
If you experience this issue, please use the steps below to install the Optimum App:
- Step 1: Locate the downloaded file (OptimumAppforLaptop_2.10.pkg) in a Finder window and hold down the "Control" key while clicking on the file.
- Step 2: A list of options will be displayed, select "Open" from the menu.
- Step 3: The user will see a dialog box that again displays the message "OptimumAppforLaptop_2.10.pkg" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. But this time there will be an "open" option. Select "Open".
- Step 4: The Optimum App installation will begin; follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.