Online Bill Pay Terms of Service
- By using the Online Bill Pay service via the Optimum.net website, the Optimum Support App or Channel 900 to make payments on your Optimum account, you authorize Optimum to (i) automatically charge the credit card that you have specified, or (ii) initiate a charge or electronic debit entry on your debit card or deposit account, as applicable, in the amount and on the date indicated (including the same date in future months if enrolled in the Online Pay Bill automatic payment service) to the credit card account number or account number and bank account name at the financial institution you have identified. You agree that each time you use the Online Bill Pay service and enter the additional required information in order to make a payment on an Optimum account, you have made a separate and complete authorization as required by the rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) and, as applicable, the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, 15 U.S.C. 1693 et. seq., and Regulation E promulgated thereunder, 12 C.F.R 205 et. seq., and applicable credit card rules. Currently, we offer this Online Pay Bill service to you free of charge, however your bank or credit card may charge a fee.
- You acknowledge that with respect to automatic payment authorization(s), you may revoke an authorization through the Optimum.net website by clicking on the "Opt Out of Automatic Payment" button from the "Manage Automatic Payments" menu or through the Optimum Support App, and that unless you revoke this authorization in the manner specified, or Optimum shall send a notice of termination to you, this authorization shall continue to and include the next to last scheduled payment on your Optimum account. Any revocation of your automatic payment authorization will not take effect until a reasonable time after receipt by Optimum, and will result in the discontinuance of your automatic payment enrollment. After canceling your automatic payment, you will then be responsible for taking appropriate action each month to pay your bill.
- If payment is not received for any reason, including a declined card, stop payment or insufficient funds, you will remain responsible for late fees that may result if your bill is not paid by the due date. You must notify Optimum of any change in your debit or credit card number information or bank account information on Optimum.net.
- You will be notified when your bill statement is available for viewing via mail or your contact email address at least 10 days prior to your payment due date. The amount due shown on your monthly bill statement will constitute notice to you of any variance in amount from the bill payment amount paid in the previous month by automatic payment. The amount due on your bill statement will be deducted on the payment due date or a date that you specify, whichever is earlier unless you have specified a cap and the amount due is greater than the cap you have specified. In the event that the amount due is greater than the cap that you have specified, the payment will not be deducted and you will be notified of the amount due and must take steps to remit payment for the amount due.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your email address and other Online Bill Pay account information is accurate and up-to-date. Please visit the Optimum.net website, the Optimum Support App or Channel 900 to update your contact information as necessary.
Hardware and Software Requirements for Online Bill Pay and Paperless Billing:
- Hardware and software requirements for access to and retention of the information provided to you in electronic form are outlined below. You must have access to a computer with an operating system among the types listed that is able to connect to the Internet using one of the browsers indicated. Your browser also must support 128-bit encryption.
If you elect to receive paperless billing and receive and retain bills and notices, including notices of disconnection of service, electronically, you will need a personal computer with storage and/or printing capability, Internet connectivity, a working e-mail account and operating system software that will support operation of the following software:
- Latest 2 versions of Chrome
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firefox 47
- Latest 2 versions of Safari
- Microsoft Edge 13
- Latest 2 versions of Chrome
- Latest 2 versions of Safari
- Native version of Samsung browser
- Latest version of Android browser
- Adobe Reader 7.0.8 or higher
- We allow more than one Optimum ID associated with an Optimum account to access the Online Bill Pay service which includes access to the bill associated with the Optimum account. You acknowledge and agree that you are granting access to the Optimum account, including the stored Online Bill Pay account payment information, to such Optimum IDs and consent to any actions taken on the Optimum account by such Optimum IDs, including paying the bill through the Online Bill Pay service with any stored payment information.
- Your participation in the Online Bill Pay service is subject to the following additional Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated by reference, where applicable, and include the:
- You represent and warrant that you have the authority to enter into this agreement, either on behalf of your individual Altice account or on behalf of the business entity holding the Altice account.
- We reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Online Bill Pay service at any time for any reason in our sole discretion. You can cancel your participation in Online Bill Pay at any time on Optimum.net or the Optimum Support App. Upon cancellation, your future bills and notifications will be sent to you by regular mail. You will have a thirty (30) day grace period from the time the service is cancelled to continue to view your bills electronically -- however, you may not be able to make payments online.
- We reserve the right to modify and update these Terms of Service at any time. Any such modifications or updates will be posted to this page and/or your bill statement. We encourage you to check this page regularly for any such updates.
Effective October 10, 2016