You can view and listen to your voicemails from within Optimum Online e-mail. Simply click on the Voicemail tab in the Header at the top right of the page to access your messages.
You will need to activate your voicemail if you have not already done so. To activate your voicemail, dial *86 form your Optimum Voice phone line and follow the simple instructions.
The voicemail screen consists of single panel which provides:
- Message List which shows your voicemail messages
- Toolbar for managing your voicemail messages
- Voicemail player for listening to your voicemail
The message list
The message list is a scrolling list which displays summary information about your voicemail including:
- Checkbox - use this to select the message for an operation
- Status Indicator - provides indication for urgent messages
- Play / Pause message control
- From - Identifies telephone number of voicemail originator. If you have a corresponding contact for the originating number the contact name will be displayed.
- Date - date and time the voicemail was left
- Message Length - duration of the voicemail message.
Heard and unheard messages
Unheard messages appear in the Message List in bold text. Once heard, they are no longer bold.
The voicemail player
The voicemail player is located at the bottom left of the Voicemail panel. The currently selected voicemail from the message list can be played. Controls are provided for:
- Rewind message
- Play message
- Fast forward
- Play indicator
- Message timer
- Volume control
Return to Top
Managing your voicemail
The toolbar shown above is provided on your voicemail message list and is used to perform standard operations on your voicemails. The green box to the right of the toolbar provides you with an indication of the percentage used of your allotted voicemail storage space. Operations which you can perform from the toolbar include:
- Check voicemail - check for new voicemails
- Forward - forwards your voicemail to your designated recipients as an attachment to your email.
- Call now - initiates an Optimum Voice telephone call to the voicemail sender using Optimum Voice Click-to-Call.
- Save file - saves a copy of the selected voicemail as a .wav file to your downloads folder.
- Add contact - creates a new contact for the sender of the currently selected voicemail
- Delete - deletes the currently selected voicemails
Many common actions are accessible via the right-mouse button. These function as described above and include:
- Play message
- Forward by email
- View contact details
- Delete message
- Save file
Return to Top
You can set your voicemail preferences by clicking on Preferences in the Header at the top of the page or by selecting Preferences from the right click menu of the Voicemail page.
General voicemail preferences include:
- Auto-Check Voicemail - You can select to automatically check your voicemail for new messages every 5 minutes, 15minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour or check manually.
- Sound - You can check the selection box to play a sound when a new voicemail arrives.
- Auto-Check Voicemail - You can provide a display name for your Optimum Voice phone number